Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará
“The risen Christ, King of the Universe, sends His apostles to all nations to continue His own redeeming mission which ‘is to enable people to share in the communion which exists between the Father and the Son (Redemptoris Missio, 23).” This sending has two characteristics:
- A universal dimension: all men are called to be a part of the Kingdom of God, since God wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:4).
- The certainty of divine help: I am with you always, until the end of the world (Mt 28:20); they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them (Mk. 16:20) (Const., 161-162).
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” —Mt. 28:19-20
We devote ourselves to inculturate the Gospel through preaching the Word of God in all forms by:
- studying and teaching the Holy Scriptures, Theology, the Church Fathers, Liturgy, Catechesis, Ecumenism, etc;
- the achievement of mission outreaches, Spiritual Exercises, education and Christian formation of children and young people, and also works of charity with the most needy (abandoned children, the handicapped, the sick, the elderly);
- the search and formation of suitable ministers of the Word, in the publication of magazines, treatises, books, etc. By the oral and written word we want to prolong the Word.”
Our Work of Evangelization
Parish Ministry: with the intention of caring for the liturgy and sacristy, especially promoting the solemnity of the celebration of the Sunday Liturgy
Teaching: working to provide an authentic Catholic formation in elementary schools, secondary schools, and catechism programs in the spirit of St. John Bosco
The Written Word: through the publication of books, magazines, and social media – including Theological and Philosophical publications in English and Spanish with IVE Press and the Fr. Cornelio Fabro Cultural Project
Homes of Mercy: orphanages, homes for disabled children and youth, homes for the elderly, work in hospitals and nursing homes, and pro-life counseling and education.
Popular Missions: intensive door to door parish evangelization according to the method of St. Alphonsus of Liguori, emphasizing a return to the Sacraments of the Church
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola: we assist our priests in the work of offering this retreat to the laity For more information on upcoming spiritual exercises for women, see our Ignatian Spiritual Exercises page